Between daily housekeeping and special events, I would like to make a few suggestions about cleaning up the dishes. There is currently no dishwasher at House Dreamland, so anyone who can pitch in and help out is more than welcome and appreciated.
If for whatever reason you are not up to the task of cleaning dishes, that is perfectly fine. There are plenty of other things to do if you wish to help out.
If you are, though, please note the following:
- Please empty the drying rack first if it is full and dishes are dry.
- Please make sure to not place dirty, food encrusted items on the drying rack or to the left of the sink.
- Please feel dish surfaces for particles before deeming them clean. Sometimes small white clumps stick to white dishes and may look clean, but in reality are not.
- ...same goes for grease, oil, or soapy residue on dishes.
- Please scrape all compostables into the compost bin/bag before stacking dirty plates on counter or in sink.
- Please place glasses on the counter rather than in the sink...especially if they are wine glasses or other fragile items.
- If you don't know where a dried item resides, please ask others who live in the house or have put dishes away before.
Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.